Marketplace Logo Donate

Daily business news and economic stories from Marketplace

Online dating site screens for sex offenders

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Match.com is now screening its users for past convictions of sex crimes using the US national sex offender registry. This all comes after a Hollywood executive sued the company after she was raped by a guy after a date with a guy she met on Match.com. She found out later found out the guy had been convicted six times of sexual battery. In the past, the company has said that it didn’t screen for sex offenders because it wasn’t able to ensure the screens would be reliable. But, the company announced that within the next 2-3 months, the screening will begin. The US president of Match.com said in a statement: “A combination of improved technology and an improved database now enables a sufficient degree of accuracy to move forward with this initiative, despite its continued imperfection.” Interesting how they noticed the improvements just as they were being sued. What a coincidence!

What's Next

Latest Episodes From Our Shows

Listen
7:55 AM PDT
7:31
Listen
2:23 AM PDT
7:35
Listen
7:56 AM PDT
1:50
Listen
4:56 PM PDT
16:46
Listen
4:29 PM PDT
28:30
Listen
Jun 23, 2022
38:05
Listen
Jun 28, 2022
26:17
Exit mobile version