Posted by Daryl Paranada
For Marketplace Morning Report, Friday, March 11, 2011
An 8.9-magnitude earthquake hit Japan today. We follow the damage it caused and the tsunami warnings it triggered for nations throughout the Pacific Rim -- including the West coast of the U.S. and Hawaii.
As part of our extensive coverage, we also look at the economic impact the earthquake will have, speak with people who experienced the quake, and examine the companies affected.
In other news, we look at potential budget cuts that threaten the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
We cover the immigration reform debate in Utah. And take a look at what's in store for other tablets with the release of Apple's iPad 2.
Here are the song we played:
- Milton Road (My Skull With Flowers mix by Kim Hiorthoy) -- Mice ParadeBuy
- Ramparts -- John FruscianteBuy
- Waltz for Dewayne Pomeroy -- Chris ThileBuy
- Ambassador of Cinema -- MaseratiBuy
- Sweet Nothing Serenade -- Ben HarperBuy