You don't have to buy gadgets to go green. You can make them. MAKE magazine offers up their best tips for going green with little more than elbow grease, a little be of techy know-how, and the spunk to try.
- Buy or build a home energy monitor that lets you see how much energy you use.
- Buy an electric vehicle
- Raise chickens and feed them your food scraps.
- Use solar energy to heat water.
- Harvest usable components from devices and deploy them.
- Collect rainwater and reuse it in the landscape.
- Experiment with generating energy at home, such as solar and wind power.
For more tips by Make go to www.makezine.com.