Playlist: Recalls and music in the recession
Posted by Emilie Mutert
For Marketplace, Thursday, October 21, 2010
In case you were getting nostalgic about Toyota recalls, the automaker announced today that it’s recalling another million and a half cars. In France, protests over the government’s raising of the retirement age continue, and one of the country’s biggest fast food chains announces its burgers are going halal. Meanwhile in the U.S., it’s becoming a battle of banks v. people in the foreclosure documentation drama. Also, as a part of our Art of Money series, host Kai Ryssdal talks to musician Corin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney about the intersection of art and economics. And we’ve got a story about Macy’s plans to modernize its merchandise. Here’s the music from today’s show:
- Burning Spear – Jimmy SmithBuy
- Paper Planes (M.I.A. cover) – Instrumental Hip Hop Bea MakersBuy
- Waking Up in Vegas (Katy Perry cover) – The Chart Hit PlayersBuy
- Riley – The Corin Tucker BandBuy
- Parisian Glam Slam – Shawn Lee & the Ping Pong OrchestraBuy
Cheers to trustworthy journalism!
Give just $7/month to get your own KaiPA glass.