MID-DAY UPDATE: Obama’s top economic policy adviser leaving- now what?
White House National Economic Council director Larry Summers will return to Harvard at the end of the year. Who might replace him and what does that mean for the direction of US economic policy?
Also on today’s podcast:
- GE incandescent bulb factory goes dark
- A lesson in AT&T’s Facebook approach
- Who owns the rights to Arctic seabed?
- Study: We’re clueless on saving energy
- French fountain spurts sparkling water
- Egg farmer linked to recall faces grilling
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.