MID-DAY UPDATE: Bernanke: Too big to fail?
- …Shut ’em down
- Is high unemployment here to stay?
- Retailers show surprisingly solid sales
- Flash crash: SEC suspects “quote stuffing” and “sub-penny pricing”
- Economic & environmental cost of pets
- Urban gardens targets of “veggie theft”
- Mortgage rates hit another low (4.32%)
- Double Rainbow guy is pitching Microsoft video editing software
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.