Our new Marketplace Crash Course is here to help. Sign-up for free, learn at your own pace.
MID-DAY UPDATE: Coffee cup problems
- Have a cup of coffee this morning? Sustainability reporter Adriene Hill tells us why that cup is raising some environmental issues.
- The SEC will likely adopt a new rule to make it easier for some stockholders to replace directors on corporate boards.
- There’s been a pile-up of car recalls — some voluntary.
- Mortgage modifications are helping to keep re-defaulting down.
- Bob Dylan is playing a concert in San Francisco. But tickets are only on sale today and you can only pay with cash.
- We set the scene as Chilean miners remain underground for yet another week. Check out photos of what it’s like around the mine in our slideshow.
- The amount of money people owe on credit cards in the second quarter dropped to the lowest level in 8 years.
- India is taking steps to keep tabs on non-governmental agencies.
- The S&P downgraded Ireland’s credit rating, making it harder for the country to borrow money.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.