MID-DAY UPDATE: Roadblocks and a traffic jam
- Fed officials were divided over the Federal Reserve’s decision to buy more government debt
- Apple has filed a patent to identify jailbreakers, who essentially hack phones, allowing users to use software that hasn’t been sold and authorized by Apple.
- Detroit is the latest city considering getting rid of the felony checkbox on job applications to help ex-cons who are seeking a legitimate path to employment
- South African President Jacob Zuma is in China to sign key free trade deals, but there are strikes going on in his home country
- India is facing pressure from business travelers and visitors over its plan to cripple BlackBerry devices
- A traffic jam in China is entering its 10th day, which highlights the country’s road woes
- A judge has blocked embryonic stem cell research funding
- The yen has hit a 15-year high against the dollar
- Philly bloggers may have to pay to blog
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?