MID-DAY UPDATE: Roadblocks and a traffic jam
- Fed officials were divided over the Federal Reserve’s decision to buy more government debt
- Apple has filed a patent to identify jailbreakers, who essentially hack phones, allowing users to use software that hasn’t been sold and authorized by Apple.
- Detroit is the latest city considering getting rid of the felony checkbox on job applications to help ex-cons who are seeking a legitimate path to employment
- South African President Jacob Zuma is in China to sign key free trade deals, but there are strikes going on in his home country
- India is facing pressure from business travelers and visitors over its plan to cripple BlackBerry devices
- A traffic jam in China is entering its 10th day, which highlights the country’s road woes
- A judge has blocked embryonic stem cell research funding
- The yen has hit a 15-year high against the dollar
- Philly bloggers may have to pay to blog
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.