MID-DAY UPDATE: Roadblocks and a traffic jam
- Fed officials were divided over the Federal Reserve’s decision to buy more government debt
- Apple has filed a patent to identify jailbreakers, who essentially hack phones, allowing users to use software that hasn’t been sold and authorized by Apple.
- Detroit is the latest city considering getting rid of the felony checkbox on job applications to help ex-cons who are seeking a legitimate path to employment
- South African President Jacob Zuma is in China to sign key free trade deals, but there are strikes going on in his home country
- India is facing pressure from business travelers and visitors over its plan to cripple BlackBerry devices
- A traffic jam in China is entering its 10th day, which highlights the country’s road woes
- A judge has blocked embryonic stem cell research funding
- The yen has hit a 15-year high against the dollar
- Philly bloggers may have to pay to blog
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.
Thank you to our Marketplace Investors!
Your generosity keeps nonprofit journalism strong, now more