MID-DAY UPDATE: Roadblocks and a traffic jam
- Fed officials were divided over the Federal Reserve’s decision to buy more government debt
- Apple has filed a patent to identify jailbreakers, who essentially hack phones, allowing users to use software that hasn’t been sold and authorized by Apple.
- Detroit is the latest city considering getting rid of the felony checkbox on job applications to help ex-cons who are seeking a legitimate path to employment
- South African President Jacob Zuma is in China to sign key free trade deals, but there are strikes going on in his home country
- India is facing pressure from business travelers and visitors over its plan to cripple BlackBerry devices
- A traffic jam in China is entering its 10th day, which highlights the country’s road woes
- A judge has blocked embryonic stem cell research funding
- The yen has hit a 15-year high against the dollar
- Philly bloggers may have to pay to blog
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.