As COVID-19 reshapes our economy, our newsletter will help you unpack the news from the day.
MID-DAY UPDATE: Roadblocks and a traffic jam
- Fed officials were divided over the Federal Reserve’s decision to buy more government debt
- Apple has filed a patent to identify jailbreakers, who essentially hack phones, allowing users to use software that hasn’t been sold and authorized by Apple.
- Detroit is the latest city considering getting rid of the felony checkbox on job applications to help ex-cons who are seeking a legitimate path to employment
- South African President Jacob Zuma is in China to sign key free trade deals, but there are strikes going on in his home country
- India is facing pressure from business travelers and visitors over its plan to cripple BlackBerry devices
- A traffic jam in China is entering its 10th day, which highlights the country’s road woes
- A judge has blocked embryonic stem cell research funding
- The yen has hit a 15-year high against the dollar
- Philly bloggers may have to pay to blog
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.