MID-DAY UPDATE: The Federal Reserve will announce…
- … something. What is “quantitative easing“?
- Google and Verizon reached… something. What is “net neutrality“?
- Police raid Google’s Seoul office on data concerns
- Saudi Arabia says RIM is cooperating, so for now you can keep Blackberry texting
- House Democrats are in emergency session for the aid-to-states vote.
- Bank of Japan decided to leave ITS interest rates at .1% — we’ll hear from the Federal Reserve today.
- NYC community gardens threatened by commercial development
- U.K. offering bounty to uncover welfare fraud
- Is Tiger Woods losing his mojo? And sponsors?
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.