BP says static kill is working…
- … The government says three-quarters of the oil has already broken up!
- Louisiana shrimpers getting set to return to work. Not everyone’s thrilled.
- E-readers catch on — Barnes & Noble is putting itself up for sale. Connection?
- Intel antitrust settlement will change how it prices, markets chips
- Pakistan’s floods will have large-scale economic impact (with slideshow)
- San Francisco’s expanding plastic bag ban
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.