BP says static kill is working…
- … The government says three-quarters of the oil has already broken up!
- Louisiana shrimpers getting set to return to work. Not everyone’s thrilled.
- E-readers catch on — Barnes & Noble is putting itself up for sale. Connection?
- Intel antitrust settlement will change how it prices, markets chips
- Pakistan’s floods will have large-scale economic impact (with slideshow)
- San Francisco’s expanding plastic bag ban
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?