Pearls of wisdom
For the new economic reality, we oughta have some new motivational sayings. “When life gives you lemons” just doesn’t cut it anymore. “Hang in there” rings hollow. Fortunately (and unfortunately), many creative thinkers have extra time on their hands to come up with new words of wisdom.
From Lyndsay Rush, by way of Unemploymentality:
- When one door closes, another door opens. But this door is on a hiring freeze. Sorry.
- Life is like a box of chocolates, and sometimes it takes months and months and months to find a job.
- If at first you don’t succeed, go and get your masters.
- Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can. And when that doesn’t work, I pull the blinds and go back to bed.
- If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it. And if you can wait tables, you’ll survive.
- A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work. But a day of watching tv on your couch; now that’s relaxing.
Based on your own experiences, I’d love to hear your pearls of wisdom…
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.