Pearls of wisdom
For the new economic reality, we oughta have some new motivational sayings. “When life gives you lemons” just doesn’t cut it anymore. “Hang in there” rings hollow. Fortunately (and unfortunately), many creative thinkers have extra time on their hands to come up with new words of wisdom.
From Lyndsay Rush, by way of Unemploymentality:
- When one door closes, another door opens. But this door is on a hiring freeze. Sorry.
- Life is like a box of chocolates, and sometimes it takes months and months and months to find a job.
- If at first you don’t succeed, go and get your masters.
- Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can. And when that doesn’t work, I pull the blinds and go back to bed.
- If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it. And if you can wait tables, you’ll survive.
- A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work. But a day of watching tv on your couch; now that’s relaxing.
Based on your own experiences, I’d love to hear your pearls of wisdom…
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.