Blogs and talk
- “Greenwashed,” a public discussion group on the WiserEarth site (Flisrand)
- Joel Makowerâ€™s blog highlights sustainability business opportunities, and he has a number of posts about green marketing. (Flisrand)
Consumer Guides and Research
- Consumer Reports’ eco-labels center (Flisrand/Siegelbaum)
- The Healthy Toys consumer action guide launched in early December 2007 to answer questions about toxic substances in toys. (Siegelbaum)
- The National Green Pages from Co-op America (Markatos)
- A Consumer’s Guide to Retail Carbon Offset Providers (opens a PDF) (Flisrand)
- The Organic Consumers Association helps consumers navigate the maze of food labels and other food-related issues (Siegelbaum)
- The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics is an action group watching out for the health effects of personal care products (Siegelbaum)
- Environmental Working Group reports on toxics, public health and the environment (Siegelbaum)
- BuildingGreen is a resource for technical green building information & news. (Nicolow)
- Southface is an Atlanta non-profit that promotes sustainable homes, workplaces, and communities – lots of residential green building info/resources. (Nicolow)
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education tracks campus green building and sustainability activities and trends. (Nicolow/Markatos)
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.