Hot pix: green monitoring sites from the Greenwash Brigade
Blogs and talk
- “Greenwashed,” a public discussion group on the WiserEarth site (Flisrand)
- Joel Makowerâ€™s blog highlights sustainability business opportunities, and he has a number of posts about green marketing. (Flisrand)
Consumer Guides and Research
- Consumer Reports’ eco-labels center (Flisrand/Siegelbaum)
- The Healthy Toys consumer action guide launched in early December 2007 to answer questions about toxic substances in toys. (Siegelbaum)
- The National Green Pages from Co-op America (Markatos)
- A Consumer’s Guide to Retail Carbon Offset Providers (opens a PDF) (Flisrand)
- The Organic Consumers Association helps consumers navigate the maze of food labels and other food-related issues (Siegelbaum)
- The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics is an action group watching out for the health effects of personal care products (Siegelbaum)
- Environmental Working Group reports on toxics, public health and the environment (Siegelbaum)
- BuildingGreen is a resource for technical green building information & news. (Nicolow)
- Southface is an Atlanta non-profit that promotes sustainable homes, workplaces, and communities – lots of residential green building info/resources. (Nicolow)
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education tracks campus green building and sustainability activities and trends. (Nicolow/Markatos)
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.