Hot pix: green monitoring sites from the Greenwash Brigade
Blogs and talk
- “Greenwashed,” a public discussion group on the WiserEarth site (Flisrand)
- Joel Makowerâ€™s blog highlights sustainability business opportunities, and he has a number of posts about green marketing. (Flisrand)
Consumer Guides and Research
- Consumer Reports’ eco-labels center (Flisrand/Siegelbaum)
- The Healthy Toys consumer action guide launched in early December 2007 to answer questions about toxic substances in toys. (Siegelbaum)
- The National Green Pages from Co-op America (Markatos)
- A Consumer’s Guide to Retail Carbon Offset Providers (opens a PDF) (Flisrand)
- The Organic Consumers Association helps consumers navigate the maze of food labels and other food-related issues (Siegelbaum)
- The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics is an action group watching out for the health effects of personal care products (Siegelbaum)
- Environmental Working Group reports on toxics, public health and the environment (Siegelbaum)
- BuildingGreen is a resource for technical green building information & news. (Nicolow)
- Southface is an Atlanta non-profit that promotes sustainable homes, workplaces, and communities – lots of residential green building info/resources. (Nicolow)
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education tracks campus green building and sustainability activities and trends. (Nicolow/Markatos)
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.
Thanks to our
Your support keeps us going strong, even through