Top Ten Surprises for 2008
The economists and market-watchers at UBS have come up with their annual list of 10 potential financial and economic surprises for 2008. Here is their list of possible outcomes that go against the grain of current conventional investing wisdom:
1) Global growth surprises on the upside
2) Oil prices: Is 50 the new 20?
3) The dollar appreciates
4) World trade clouds
5) Developed deflation, developing inflation
6) Financials outperform
7) Emerging equity markets under-perform
8) Japanese equities outperform
9) Equity volatility settles at lower levels
10) Chinese inflation falls sharply
If you want to read their reasoning, click here. Download file
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.