7 DIY tips for techies from MAKE magazine
You don't have to buy gadgets to go green. You can make them. MAKE magazine offers up their best tips for going green with little more than elbow grease, a little be of techy know-how, and the spunk to try.
- Buy or build a home energy monitor that lets you see how much energy you use.
- Buy an electric vehicle
- Raise chickens and feed them your food scraps.
- Use solar energy to heat water.
- Harvest usable components from devices and deploy them.
- Collect rainwater and reuse it in the landscape.
- Experiment with generating energy at home, such as solar and wind power.
For more tips by Make go to www.makezine.com.