ICYMI: An 11-year-old whistleblower, odd Netflix categories and other stories you shouldn't miss
Zachary Maxwell, the filmmaker behind 'Yuck: A 4th Grader's Short Documentary about School Lunch.'
Every week, one Marketplace staff member offers their favorite stories from the past week. Here’s a small selection of our recent finest journalistic efforts:
- David Gura’s highly entertaining interview about financier and all-round crook, Marc Rich, complete with a reference to pugilist gerbils.
- Stacey Vanek Smith’s sound-rich piece on the hi-top fade was a great listen -- and don’t forget to check out her slideshow here.
- David Brancaccio’s quick note on the digital video of "Portlandia" and the FBI.
- Jeff Tyler did a great two-part series on Mexican factories often offering better benefits than American factories.
- Chau Tu’s wrap of the weirdest Netflix recommendation categories.
- Mark Garrison’s piece on pod hotels with a video of the Russian hotel where reportedly Snowden stayed.
- David Brancaccio’s interview with an 11-year-old whistleblower, clearly proud of his undercover investigative skills.
- And Krissy Clark’s piece on Hollywood's portrayal of the middle class.