And the markets breathed again...
A bronze statue of a bull fighting with a bear is displayed at the Museum of American Finance on Wall St. in New York City.
From the Marketplace Datebook, here's a look at what's coming up Wednesday, May 7, 2014:
- In Washington, the Federal Reserve is scheduled to release its monthly consumer credit report.
- The Senate Special Aging Committee discusses the fight against cancer.
- Actor Michael E. Knight of "All My Children" fame turns 55.
- On May 7, 1824, in Vienna, Beethoven's Ninth Symphony premiered.
- And the Dow Jones closed above 15,000 for the first time just one year ago.