Imagine a landscape free of shopping carts
Walmart customers walk by a shopping cart before entering the store in Oakland, Calif.
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Thursday:
- In Washington, the Commerce Department issues retail sales data for January.
- The International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- If you spot an orphaned shopping cart on your block help it find its way home. February is 'Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month.' Hey, does pushing a grocery cart across a parking lots count as exercise?
- Musician Peter Gabriel turns 64.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is schedule to release its ten-year agricultural projections. The report is published each February.
Featured in: Marketplace for Wednesday, February 12, 2014