Aug 6, 2012 After resigning as chairman, Best Buy founder Richard Schulze wants to buy the retailer for $8 billion. What will it take to save Best Buy?
Aug 6, 2012 Richard Schulze already owns about 20 percent of the company, but he wants to buy back the other 80 percent at a cost of almost $9 billion.
Shereen Marisol Meraji
Jul 20, 2012 For some companies, 30 days of fasting and reflection return profits.
Jun 27, 2012 Best Buy, the big electronic warehouse store, may be going private. The store's founder and largest shareholder, Richard Schulze, is reportedly talking to Wall Street banks about a major restructuring of the company.
May 31, 2012 JCPenney unveiled a new pricing strategy in January that largely scrapped sales. One bad quarter later, discounts are creeping back in.
May 16, 2012 JC Penney stock is currency down percent after the company reported that customer traffic is down, sales are down, and the quarterly loss was bigger than expected. The company had hired Ron Johnson, the man behind Apple Stores, to make JC Penney more fashionable.
Stacey Vanek Smith
Apr 10, 2012 Best Buy has been losing business to online retailers. CEP Brian Dunn unveiled a turnaround plan, but a few weeks later, he resigned.
Mar 29, 2012 As more shoppers move online, the chain has been caught with too many stores and not enough customers. So, Best Buy will close a slew of its big box stores and open many smaller ones.
Feb 1, 2012 JC Penney CEO Ron Johnson, formerly of Target and Apple, explains how he hopes to move the company forward -- in part by looking back to the heyday of department stores.