Here's how LinkedIn says to use its site to get a job - tips straight from the source:
- Profile picture: A profile photo is key. In fact, adding a profile picture makes your profile 11 times more likely to be viewed.
- Endorsements: Add skills that your connections can endorse you for and recognize those you’ve worked with on their professional skills. There are over 3 billion endorsements given to date.
- Summary: Adding a summary of 40 words or more makes your profile more likely to turn up in a future employer’s search. A good tip is to ensure your summary includes keywords featured in desirable job descriptions for your field.
- Experience: It’s essential to list all past experience that may reflect your ability to execute and problem solve. In fact, your profile is 12 times more likely to be viewed if you have more than 1 position listed. Illustrate your unique professional story and achievements by adding visuals like pictures, compelling videos and innovative presentations to your experience section. Other members can even like or comment on what you’ve posted.
- Volunteer Experience & Causes: Adding causes and volunteer experience is a great way to round out your professional identity. Almost half (42%) of all hiring managers say they view volunteer experience as equivalent to formal work experience.